Different Types Of Charts Ppt
“All beginnings are difficult!” This famous saying is familiar to many who are learning German as a foreign language. Once the first steps have been taken and your German skills are growing, it’s time to continue improving your German and expanding your abilities. With these tips, you can reach the next level of proficiency.
Improving German made easy- with these tips!
Everyone learns language in different ways. If you know your strengths and weaknesses, you can work on them specifically. The following tips focus mainly on vocabulary, spelling and grammar – although some of them also train listening comprehension and active speaking. Professional support for learning German is, of course, also available at Berlitz – for beginners and advanced learners alike.
Expanding your German vocabulary
If you want to improve your German language skills and expand your vocabulary, you should read as much as possible. By searching for other words for the same subject, technical term “synonyms”, you can expand your vocabulary in a targeted way. They bring variety into everyday language and enable a better understanding of unknown words.
1. newspapers and magazines
Newspapers and magazines exist for all topics and areas of interest. Whether humorous entertainment or scientific texts depends on one’s own language level. In addition bilingual magazinese.g. deutsch-perfekt.com, are available in many languages, which facilitate learning – often even with an attached vocabulary list. Online there are many websites, such as nachrichtenleicht.de, which are written in simple language and are therefore also suitable for language beginners.
2. books and comics
In the case of books, it is helpful to consult a specialist shop: it does not have to be a complex work of world literature; at the beginning, a simply written book is sufficient. simply written book without nested sentences. Children’s and youth literature are a good start, and humorous works are usually written in a simpler style. Also comic classics such as “Asterix” or “Tintin” are very easy to understand and therefore recommended. The important thing is to find the subject and style interesting. A look at the book and a short reading sample will then show whether it suits your own language level. Tip: While reading, interesting words can be marked or written on separate index cards and repeated later..
3. computer games
Many computer games also focus on action and communication. Players have to solve puzzles and find their way linguistically in the digital world. Thanks to subtitles, they invite players to learn German and are entertaining for a long time.
4. German-German dictionary
If you already have a basic knowledge of German, you should use a German-German dictionary instead of a translation aid. use. This can help to better internalize the meaning of new vocabulary and learn related terms from the subject area instead of just memorizing translations.
5. social games
Learning is often best with fun and friends! Especially with board games like “Scrabble”, “Tabu” or “Haste Worte? is a good way to practice German can be practiced well in a group. In Scrabble, for example, words are extended with just a few syllables, and the individual letter tiles help the children to recognize and put the words together in a playful way. Guessing together in Tabu, on the other hand, helps with learning synonyms and paraphrases.
Improving German spelling and grammar
Practice, practice, practice – this also and especially applies to spelling. The peculiarities of German vocabulary, grammar or punctuation are best learned while writing.
Dictations from native-speaking friends or with the help of digital apps like the child-friendly Easy Peasy are best for this.
7. writing dialogues
Also write down the writing down the dialogues of their favorite movie can promote the child’s own German language skills. Native speakers, friends or teachers in particular can help with the subsequent correction. The focus should not be on the number of errors, but on the spelling and internalization of the rules. In a personal conversation, details often become much more comprehensible than when reading up on them in a textbook.
8. write simply
If you write in German yourself, for example in a diary or on your own blogcan use and improve their knowledge regularly.
9. discuss in online forums
There are also many interesting topics to discuss in online forums. In line with personal interests and preferences, the vocabulary thus grows in exchange with others. The large number of topics ensures that you can always learn something new here.
German as a foreign language
German is relatively complex compared to other languages. Different cases, irregular verbs, grammatical gender or the subjunctive – even native speakers never stop learning. The good news is that “making mistakes is part of learning a language,” as German trainer Stephanie Mock-Haugwitz explains. And those who have reached the end of their learning curve in High German: With so many German dialects, there’s always something to learn! Your vocabulary can be expanded in as few as 7 steps. The most important thing is that you stay on the ball and repeat the exercises regularly. Because even the simplest things in everyday life will help you to expand your vocabulary. . The links marked with a symbol or green underlining are affiliate links. If a purchase is made through these links, we receive a commission – without additional costs for you! More info.
1. expand vocabulary: read a lot
Reading is one of the best exercises to expand your vocabulary. Because a good vocabulary helps you to develop your rhetorical potential and to unfold a power of speech. For example, you can be more convincing, discuss and express yourself in a more differentiated way.
- Read regularly and a lot. At the beginning, choose the literature you like best and gradually increase the level. For example, the classics of world literature are best suited for this.
- Read specialized articles in magazines and the newspaper. This way you will build and expand your vocabulary as well as your general knowledge. Take every opportunity to do this and read as much as you can.
- Keep a list. Write down all the words you don’t know that sound interesting to you. Look at the list regularly. This way you will memorize the words little by little. Writing them down is the best way to remember the words.
2. create word fields
Creating word fields is also a good way to expand your vocabulary. Since your vocabulary consists of the passive and active vocabulary, you should get into the habit of using the passive vocabulary as well. This includes words you know but never actively use. Word boxes usually recall the forgotten, i.e. passive, words.
- Write down a word and collect related words. For example, use a mind map. Write a word in the middle of the sheet. Form appropriate synonyms for it, which you note around the word.
- For example, if the initial word is “talk”, then write down words such as “speak”, “chat”, “tell”, “chat” or “talk to”. Reach for a dictionary of synonyms to make it easier to find the appropriate words.
- Also look for metaphors and write them down.
3. listen to others
By listening to other people, you are already learning new words.
- Listen carefully to other people as they speak. Pay attention to how other people use their vocabulary and what words are used.
- Write down interesting words that you like. Use them to create your own sentences and try to use them in your own conversation.
- First and foremost, listen to educated people with a rich vocabulary. For example, find videos of lectures and talks and write down the words that seem interesting to you. 4.
4. look for synonyms and antonyms
Look for synonyms if you always use the same word in your writing or conversation.
- Create a synonym dictionary and look up synonyms that seem interesting to you. Make a note of the words you would like to memorize.
- Synonym dictionaries are also available as online versions on various sites on the Internet.
- By the wayAntonyms also help you to build your own vocabulary. Write down opposite words for different words. An antonyms dictionary will help you.
Crossword puzzles also help you to expand your vocabulary. imago images / Future Image
5. rewrite words
Paraphrasing words is another helpful exercise that will help you expand your vocabulary.
- Every now and then, take on words that you paraphrase. For starters, take very simple words, such as “spring”. When paraphrasing, do not use typical words, such as beautiful, warm, flowers, or the like.Think ahead and use complicated words that you would not immediately think of.
- Also, use metaphors. Paraphrase the words pictorially. Look for appropriate synonyms and think ahead.
6. writing and analyzing texts
Write your own text and analyze it.
- Write a text. It does not matter which text you write. Then analyze your language. For example, are there duplicated words or incomprehensible descriptions and words in the text?
- If this is the case, look for suitable words. Vary the names for certain things.
- Rewrite the text with the new words. You will see that you will write better texts over time. To do this, you should write short texts regularly.
- By the way: Keeping a diary also trains your writing and expression skills.
7. pass time with word games
Play word games. This will help you think about your own vocabulary.
- Word games not only train your memory, but also boost your vocabulary.
- For example, solve crossword puzzles or set yourself small tasks to complete. Ask yourself which Asian spices you know or how you would describe your children. Write down the results and look up words in the dictionary or synonym dictionary.
- Board games like Scrabble or Taboo will also boost your vocabulary.
Video tip: Emoji puzzle – Can you recognize the movie title?
We’ll explain how to learn small talk in the next article.
Currently much sought after
Currently much sought after
Different Types Of Charts Ppt.
- Lamb Before Time
- Weekend Trips In The South
- How To Restore Photo From Google Photos
- 1 Ac Train Ticket Price
- Nintendo Eshop Not Available In Your Region
- What Is Mouthwash Used For
- Flash Drive Types
- Coldest Place Right Now