Harry Potter House Pics
Who hasn’t hoped to find a letter from Hogwarts in their mailbox, so that they can go to school with Harry Potter and Co. Similarly exciting would be the question, in which house the talking hat would put you: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw or maybe even Slytherin? We’ve taken a closer look at the houses of the four Hogwarts founders and what they mean.
- House Gryffindor
- House Hufflepuff
- House Slytherin
- Ravenclaw House
In “Harry Potter,” the student body of Hogwarts is divided into four houses, as each of the founders valued different qualities in their charges. At “enrollment”, students are assigned to a house that best suits their character and talents with the help of an enchanted talking hat. However, the students’ classes are mixed with groups from all houses. During the school year, students from Hogwarts houses compete with each other, trying to earn points for themselves and their peers in Quidditch and other areas. The house that has racked up the most points at the end of the school year is crowned the house winner. The brave Gryffindor and the cunning Slytherin are considered the biggest rivals.
fullscreen Students from the Gryffindor house stick together in all circumstances. Image: © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. 2018 Which house is Harry Potter in? The answer is quite clear for fans: Gryffindor. Harry has belonged to it since he was eleven years old. It is named after its founder Godric Gryffindor, who valued boldness and courage. The Gryffindor premises are located on the seventh floor of the North Tower. Students who belong to this house uphold the virtues of courage, bravery, and determination.
- Crest: A golden lion against a red background
- House colors: Red and gold
- Founder: Godric Gryffindor
- Head: Professor Minerva McGonagall
- Treasure: The Sword of Gryffindor
- Traits: Courage, bravery and determination
- House Spirit: Nearly Headless Nick
- Most famous members: Harry Potter and his parents, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley and his family, Albus Dumbledore, Sirius Black.
fullscreen Cedric Diggory wears the yellow jersey of Hufflepuff at the Triwizard Tournament. Image: © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. 2018 One of the cozy vaulted cellars near the kitchen is home to the Hufflepuffs. Their community welcomes anyone who is hardworking, patient and, above all, upholds justice. For this reason, the house may not produce as many outstanding wizards, but is always concerned for the good. Hufflepuff was founded by the famous wizard Helga Hufflepuff, who was best known for her cooking spells.
- Crest: A black badger against a yellow background.
- House colors: Black and yellow
- Founder: Helga Hufflepuff
- Headmistress: Professor Pomona Sprout
- Treasure & Horcrux: Hufflepuff drinking cup
- Traits: Diligence, helpfulness, loyalty, and justice.
- House Spirit: the fat monk
- Most famous members: Cedric Diggory, Newt Scamander, Nymphadora Tonks.
House of Slytherin
fullscreen Draco Malfoy and his friends also proudly wear their house colors at Quidditch. Image: © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. 2018 Along with Gryffindor, Slytherin is one of the most famous houses at Hogwarts. After all, Harry Potter’s school adversary Draco Malfoy comes from this house. It is known for having produced many dark wizards – including Lord Voldemort. Among the most prominent traits of Slytherin students are pride, ambition, and cunning. The Slytherin common rooms and dormitories are found in a dark dungeon located under a lake.
- Crest: Silver snake against a green background
- House colors: Silver and green
- Founder: Salazar Slytherin
- Head: Professor Severus Snape
- Treasure & Horcrux: Slytherin’s locket
- Traits: Pride, ambition, and cunning.
- House Spirit: The Bloody Baron
- Most famous members: Tom Riddle aka Lord Voldemort, Draco and Lucius Malfoy, Bellatrix Lestrange, Dolores Umbridge, Merlin
fullscreen Cho Chang is among the most famous students from Ravenclaw. Image: © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. 2018 Hogwarts’ most gifted students – the exception being Hermione – are usually assigned to Rawenclaw House by the magic hat. They reside in Rawenclaw Tower in the western part of Hogwarts. However, Rawenclaw students can only get in if they can answer a riddle posed by the eagle-shaped doorknocker – an indication of the cleverness of these students.
- Coat of arms: Bronze eagle against a blue background
- House colors: Bronze and blue
- Founder: Rowena Ravenclaw
- Head: Professor Filius Flitwick
- Treasure & Horcrux: The Diadem of Rowena Ravenclaw
- Traits: Intelligence, erudition, and wisdom
- House Spirit: The Grey Lady (Helena Rawenclaw).
- Most famous members: Luna Lovegood, Cho Chang, Sybill Trelawney, Gilderoy Lockhart
- Gryffindor is one of the four houses of Hogwarts and was founded by Godric Gryffindor.
- The heraldic animal is a lion and the colors are scarlet and gold.
- The Gryffindors are associated with the qualities of courage, bravery and determination.
- The house spirit of Gryffindor is Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington, better known as The Almost Headless Nick.
- The entrance to the Gryffindor common room is guarded by the portrait of the Fat Lady, who will only allow one to enter if the correct password is given.
Perhaps you are a Gryffindor, says your old hat, for there, as you know, bravery and courage rule. The Talking Hat on Gryffindor #hufflepuff
- Hufflepuff is one of the four houses of Hogwarts and was founded by Helga Hufflepuff.
- The selection of students for the Hufflepuff house does not focus on any particular traits, but on a general willingness to study hard and be loyal to one’s friends. Hufflepuffs are very loyal and fair.
- The heraldic animal is a badger and the Hufflepuff colors are yellow and black.
- The Hufflepuffs’ common room is located in a vaulted cellar and is comfortably furnished.
- The house spirit of the Hufflepuffs is The Fat Monk.
In Hufflepuff, on the other hand, people are fair and loyal, they help others where they can, and they are not afraid of work. The Talking Hat about Hufflepuff #ravenclaw
- Ravenclaw is one of the four houses of Hogwarts and was founded by Rowena Ravenclaw.
- Ravenclaws are characterized by high intelligence, creativity, and individuality.
- The heraldic animal of Ravenclaw is an eagle and the colors are blue and bronze.
- To enter the common room of the Ravenclaws, one must answer a philosophical question or riddle. The door opens only when a clever answer is found.
- The house spirit of Ravenclaw is The Grey Lady.
If you are quick of thought, scholarly, and also wise, you will make your way to Ravenclaw, I wager. The Talking Hat about Ravenclaw #slytherin
- Slytherin is one of the four houses of Hogwarts and was founded by Salazar Slytherin.
- The heraldic animal of the Slytherins is a silver snake and the colors of the house are green and silver.
- The common room and the dormitories of the Slytherins are located in the dungeon. The entrance is hidden behind a stone wall.
- Salazar Slytherin created without the knowledge of the other three school founders the Chamber of Secretsbefore he left the school in a dispute.
- The Slytherins are described as cunning and ambitious. They are proud of their magical ancestry.
In Slytherin they still know how to combine cunning and guile, but you will still find real friends here. The Talking Hat on Slytherin FILMSTARTS In these Hogwarts houses the “Harry Potter” stars would really end up By Markus Trutt – 06/13/2016 at 17:11 On the “Harry Potter” website Pottermore you can find out in which Hogwarts house you would end up. In the videos above, some actors from the “Potter” films have now undergone the test – with some surprising results. In the world of “Harry Potter,” the students of the wizarding school Hogwarts are divided by the Sorting Hat into its four different houses, all of which are associated with different characteristics and virtues. With your own account, you can access J.K.. Rowling’s official “Harry Potter” website Pottermore, you can find out which house you would be destined for by asking a few questions. With Rupert Grint, Matthew Lewis, Bonnie Wright and Evanna Lynch, four stars from the “Harry Potter” film adaptations have now also submitted themselves to the selection process in interviews about their time during and after “Harry Potter. However, it turns out that there is only one case of overlap between the film character and the associated actor. While Harry Potter’s friends Ron Weasley and Neville Longbottom attend the Gryffindor house, which stands for special courage, together with the probably most famous wizard apprentice, their actors Rupert Grint and Matthew Lewis both end up in Hufflepuff, according to Pottermore. Evanna Lynch, who plays the absent-minded Ravenclaw girl Luna Lovegood in the films, on the other hand, would end up in Gryffindor. The same is true of Bonnie Wright, who would be the only one to do the same as her character in the film, since Ginny Weasley (Ron’s sister), who she plays, also belongs to Gryffindor. The clips are just further proof that “Harry Potter” fever has not subsided even five years after “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2,” the last film in the series. It is also currently being fueled by the recently premiered theatrical play “Harry Potter And The Cursed Child,” which continues the story, as well as the spin-off “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them,” which will be released in cinemas here on November 17, 2016, and in which animal frog Newt Scamander (Eddie Redmayne) experiences magical adventures in the USA.
Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley)
Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley)
Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood)
Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom)
Share this article
- 20 New facts we now know about the “Harry Potter” universe!
- “Harry Potter”: sad fan theory explains why Harry has so few classmates
- “Harry Potter And The Cursed Child”: New images and video featuring Draco and Scorpius Malfoy
- 7 “Harry Potter” stars who were a couple in real life!
- Exuberant reactions to the second part of “Harry Potter And The Cursed Child”.
You might also be interested in Back to Top Harry Potter House Pics.
- Comma Before Now
- A Thousand Shall Fall At Thy Side Kjv
- Jacobsen Mowers Parts
- Modern Farmhouse Front Door Ideas
- Rose City Shoppingworld
- How To Fill Out A Pdf On Iphone
- Best Printer And Scanner For Home Use
- Good Food Yorkshire Pudding