Lcm Of 6 And 30

This is an article from the top topic:

Approval procedure on Tuesday, 02/26/2019 – 05:00 The approval of preparations is increasingly becoming a case for the courts. Why does it take so long for new active ingredients to reach the market? We asked Dr. Helmut Tschiersky, President of the Federal Office of Consumer Protection and Food Safety (BVL). Dr. Helmut Tschiersky has been BVL president since 2008. The pharmacist, 62, born in Bremen, also studied food chemistry. Previously, he worked in the medical service of the German Armed Forces and was laboratory manager for medicinal, food, water and animal diseases. Among other things, he was deployed in Bosnia and Kosovo. agrarheute: Dr. Tschiersky, the approval of plant protection products is time-consuming: Why does it take so long to get a new product? Tschiersky: Because the procedure is a two-stage process: First, a decision is made on the active ingredient in an EU Community procedure. Then each individual commercial product requires approval. This is granted zonally by the EU member states. Extensive studies are required for both. So it takes around ten years. Why does your authority usually exceed the deadlines set by the EU by so much? There are many reasons for that. In the German system, four offices are involved. In addition, the zonal system and a number of deadline rules mean that there are always peaks in the number of applications. These then lead to a backlog in processing. Last but not least, we have one of the strictest procedures in the world in Europe. The high requirements are always adapted to the latest scientific findings. Testing them requires the utmost care in any case. Care is one thing, speed is another: What is the current status of processing times and decisions? In 2018, we received 84 applications for approval. Of these, we were chosen as the evaluating EU state in seven cases. I view these numbers with concern. They show that industry confidence is low that their applications will be evaluated here in a predictable way. I am confident that we will still clear a large part of the backlog in 2019 if the Federal Environment Agency (UBA) – as announced – reduces its delays by September… …the Federal Environment Agency is delaying approvals? Well, I’m less optimistic about the content of the approvals. When other EU countries evaluate, German decisions differ in many cases – especially for environmental reasons. Here I would like to see greater EU harmonization. Why are there around 20 German models that deviate from EU requirements? Can’t UBA assess the risks like everyone else? As a rule, UBA evaluates risks using EU-agreed models. In special cases, however, UBA believes that national peculiarities are not sufficiently taken into account. For example, it uses different models to protect the environment. However, all the authorities are working on improving the models so that they can be evaluated more uniformly in the future. Does the veto from the Federal Environment Agency often thwart your plans? Differences of opinion between the agencies are discussed internally. However, the responsibilities laid down in the Plant Protection Act are what count. The veto means that the UBA leaves the risk assessment and prescribes measures to the BVL on how to minimize the risks. The BVL must then implement this or find alternatives. There are currently around 30 actions for failure to act and lawsuits for damages: Can it be true that courts are increasingly deciding on the approval of plant protection products? The number fluctuates because approval is often granted in the course of litigation. All the actions for failure to act have so far resulted in only four judgments. These were then partly declaratory judgments. Or those that addressed whether the risk reduction measures were lawful. The assumption that courts frequently rule on approval is therefore not true – despite the high number of proceedings. Damage suits have not yet been decided. However, the lawsuits clearly demonstrate that the time limits mean measurable losses for taxpayers.  

  • Federal Office for Consumer Protection and Food Safety
  • Approval
  • Plant protection products
  • Bvl
Also interesting
  • traction
  • Cattle breeding Braunvieh
  • Cattle breeding Fleckvieh

In order to protect various branches of the European and thus also the domestic industry from uncontrolled market access by third countries, import licenses (EC) are issued by the competent licensing authorities for goods subject to licensing under certain conditions.

Range of goods

An import license is required for import goods if this is provided for in a legal act of the European Union.


For certain goods, which are not subject to market surveillance under foreign trade law, e.g. due to the small quantity of goods, the low value or the special purpose of use, an import permit is not required. The relevant catalog of goods is listed in Sections 40, 41 and 42 (4) of the Foreign Trade and Payments Ordinance (AWV). For example, samples and specimens for trading companies or processing plants are free up to a value of 250 euros per import consignment in the case of industrial goods, and up to a value of 50 euros per import consignment in the case of food and agricultural products – with the exception of seeds.

Procedure for import clearance

When clearing goods for import, the customs office checks whether an import permit is required. If an import permit is required, the importer must be in possession of the required permit. If the import permit data has been provided by the BAFA electronically to ATLAS the customs office electronically copies the authorization and forwards the data directly to BAFA via ATLAS. If the import authorization was issued in another EU member state and submitted to the customs office by the importer in paper form, the customs office transcribes the authorization on the reverse side and returns it to the importer. If the importer does not have the required import permit, the customs office will refuse to clear the import. Further information on customs regulations

Application and issuance

In cases where an import permit is required, the importer must apply for the import permit from the relevant licensing office in good time before the import. Licensing offices in Germany are

  • the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA) and
  • the Federal Agency for Agriculture and Food (BLE).

The conditions and procedure for the application (e.g. form and content of the application, application deadlines) are announced in the notices and import announcements of BAFA and BLE. The import license is issued by the responsible licensing office on a form prescribed by the relevant EU regulations. Further details are regulated by the licensing offices. An import permit is valid throughout the EU. The same applies to import authorizations issued by the competent authorities of other EU member states. Import licenses are always issued for a limited period of time and are restricted in terms of the type and quantity of goods. They must be returned to the licensing office without delay if

  • the issued authorization becomes invalid before it has been used up
  • the importer gives up the intention to use the permit, or
  • the return is required by EU regulations.

Import permits that have been fully utilized must be retained in the importer’s business records for 5 years after the expiration date.

Legal consequences of violations

Violations of the obligation to present import permits can be punished as a misdemeanor or a felony, depending on the nature of the violation.

Public Health Department: The Responsibilities

A health department is a municipal and also state or federal agency that deals with various matters affecting health. The names for the health department often vary. For example, in addition to the name health office, the health authority or specialized health service also exists. Check with your local public administration to find out which office is responsible for health-related permits in your city. A public health office is usually headed by a public health officer. The tasks of the public health department are manifold and are performed locally. The tasks that a public health department assumes vary in their focus. The following areas of responsibility are usually assumed by the health office:

  • The health office issues permits and clearance certificates for the performance of certain activities, for example, the renewal of a driver’s license.
  • The inspection of compliance with hygienic standards in certain businesses or community facilities such as schools or kindergartens is also undertaken by the health office. If necessary, this is also taken over by the trade supervisory authority.
  • The health office monitors ordered measures, such as the submission of samples. For this purpose, the health office employs hygiene inspectors.
  • Some health offices also take on the task of monitoring food hygiene.
  • The tasks of the health office often also include advisory activities and health reporting.

The work of the public health department is based on legal regulations passed by the federal and state governments. For example, the health department carries out its inspections on the basis of the Infection Protection Act or the Drinking Water Ordinance.

Examples of the competence of the health department

The health department covers a wide area of responsibility, which includes companies from various industries. Below you will find examples of the responsibility of the health department:

  • Health Department and Food Service: The Health Department is responsible for instructing food service establishments regarding the Prevention of Infection Act. After the instruction, the health office issues a certificate, which must then be presented when registering with the trade office. In addition, the Health Office regularly inspects the hygienic conditions of the premises. In some cases, food service employees require a clearance certificate from the health department.
  • Health department and child care facilities: In childcare facilities such as daycare centers, nurseries or kindergartens, the health department inspects the hygienic conditions.
  • Health department and food sales: Employees often need a clearance certificate from the health department to sell food.
  • Health office and alternative practitioners: Those who wish to use the professional title of alternative practitioner must undergo an official medical examination by the health office. The Health Office grants permission to practice as a non-medical practitioner.
  • Health office and dental and medical practicesIn practices of all kinds, the Health Office regularly checks the infection hygiene conditions. If necessary, this will also be the responsible professional association.

In many cases, further individual requirements must be fulfilled in order to set up a business. An overview of the necessary permits and requirements to be fulfilled in the individual federal states can be found here. There you will also find contact information for the single point of contact – the central control center in your state.

Contact details for your public health department

If you have questions about health department licensing, contact your local health department. Below you will find contact details for the health offices in Germany’s five largest cities: Author: Für-Grü Editor-in-Chief René Klein has been responsible for the content on the portal and all publications of Für-Grü for over 10 years. He is a regular interviewee in other media and writes numerous external articles on start-up topics. Before becoming editor-in-chief and co-founder of Für-Grü, he advised listed companies on financial market communications. Before you work in a kitchen or communal catering or otherwise have commercial contact with food, you must receive instruction.

  • Requirements
  • Required documents
  • Duration & Costs
  • Payment methods
  • Legal basis
  • Links & Downloads
  • Contact

Anyone who has direct contact with open foodstuffs on a professional basis or works in kitchens or communal catering facilities needs to be instructed by the relevant health authority or by a doctor appointed by the health authority before starting work. The instruction currently takes place exclusively online. Procedure

  • Register here to make an appointment for online instruction.
  • On the day of the instruction, start your device 10 minutes before your instruction appointment.
  • Wait until you are called and follow the instructions.
  • Show yourself and your government-issued photo ID via your camera so that a comparison can be made.
  • Now you will receive your registration code and you can choose between some languages. Foreign languages are shown as subtitles in the German-language instruction film.
  • You watch an instruction film in the online instruction and read through an instruction sheet. The information sheet is also available in different languages.
  • At the end of the online instruction, you complete a test with five questions. The test can be repeated.
  • You have the opportunity to evaluate the online instruction system and service on a voluntary basis. We look forward to receiving your feedback.
  • Your certificate of instruction will be sent to the email address you provided.
  • During your online instruction, technically competent staff from the Glehn Technology Center will be available to assist you at 02182-850765 or via [email protected]

Due to the current problem situation, the instruction and payment will take place exclusively online.


  • PC, notebook, tablet or smartphone
  • activated camera
  • stable internet connection

Required documents

  • Valid official identification documents with photo (from the age of 16)

Duration & costs

Fee schedule

25 Euro

Legal basis

§ 43 Infection Protection Act

Similar services

Setting up slot machines

You would like to set up gambling machines with the possibility of winning? If so, you will need a permit under trade law and confirmation of the suitability of the installation site.

Food inspection

The food control department of the district administration is responsible for food control in Munich.

Closing times

The legal closing time applies to all restaurants. In individual cases, the district administration department can approve a different regulation.

Opening a snack bar

If you want to open a snack bar, contact the Department for Urban Planning and Building Regulations. After approval by this authority, you can register your business with us.

Apply for a restaurant license

Pubs and restaurants as well as lodging establishments require a restaurant permit if alcoholic beverages are served.

Approval procedure for food contact materials

There is no approval requirement in Germany for food contact materials as finished products. However, substances used in individual materials, or certain procedures used in the manufacture of recycled plastic for food contact, must be tested and approved for their safety to health. This approval is given for food contact materials for which there are already EU-wide harmonized material-specific legal regulations (individual measures) according to Article 5 of the Framework Regulation (EC) No. 1935/2004 or for recycling procedures for plastics in contact with food, according to Articles 8 – 12 of the Framework Regulation. The Federal Office of Consumer Protection and Food Safety (BVL) is the national contact point for applications according to Regulation (EC) No. 1935/2004 for:

  • Inclusion of new substances in Annex I of Regulation (EU) No. 10/2011,
  • Authorization of recycling processes according to Regulation (EU) 2022/1616 for which an authorization procedure is foreseen,
  • Authorization of active and intelligent materials according to Regulation (EC) No. 450/2009.

The documents to be submitted must meet certain requirements in terms of both form and content. Precise requirements are laid down in guidelines. These guidelines are issued by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), which carries out the scientific evaluation of the incoming applications for authorization, here published. The submission of corresponding applications takes place exclusively electronically via the E-Submission Food Chain Platform (ESFC). Source: BVL The BVL

  • receives the applications via the ESFC platform
  • validates the applications, i.e. whether the requirements from the guidance documents have been met
  • releases the application and any other information provided by the applicant for further processing by EFSA.

No fees are charged for the processing of applications by the BVL. Communication between the applicant and the Member State Competent Authority (MSCA) or EFSA on submitted dossiers takes place exclusively within this platform. Appropriate communication channels for queries and the upload of additional documents have been set up for this purpose. Training and support for the use of the E-Submission Food Chain Platform (ESFC) can be found here. EFSA publishes information on requests for scientific opinions received there. About the Open EFSA Portal you can check the status of the applications can be followed up to the publication of the scientific opinion. The BVL has FAQs on the procedure in German language here published. A summary of the necessary steps for submitting an application are available compiled here compiled here. A scientific opinion of EFSA is not an authorization! The Community authorization is granted by the European Commission after examination in the form of a decree, if necessary specifying certain conditions for the use of a substance. Even in the case of non-authorization, the applicant is informed by the European Commission and receives a justification. After receiving an authorization, any operator using the authorized substance or materials and articles containing the authorized substance must comply with the conditions or restrictions attached to the authorization. The Commission must be informed immediately of any new scientific or technical evidence that may affect the evaluation of the safety of the substance with respect to human health.

Evaluation of substances for food cotact materials that are not subject to EU harmonized material specific regulation.

For a risk assessment of substances for which no individual measures exist yet according to Article 5 of Regulation (EC) No 1935/2004, the procedure for scientific opinions according to Article 29 of Regulation (EC) No 178/2002 can be considered. The request for such an opinion must be addressed to the BVL ([email protected]). According to Article 29(3), the request must be accompanied by background information explaining the scientific problem and the Community interest. Lcm Of 6 And 30.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *